Damian Lamonte Ollie Lillard Sr. was born on July 15, 1990, in Oakland, California. He grew up in Oakland and started playing basketball at a young age. Damian attended Oakland High School, where he was a star player. Mr. Lillard led his team to the state championship in 2007.
Damian Lillard: College
Lillard attended Weber State University in Ogden, Utah. He played for the Weber State Wildcats for two seasons. In his sophomore season, he led the nation in scoring with 24.3 points per game. Damian was named the Big Sky Conference Player of the Year and was a consensus All-American.
Dame Time: Professional
Lillard was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers with the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft. He has been a star player for the Trail Blazers ever since. Damian has been named an All-Star six times and an All-NBA selection four times. He is the Trail Blazers’ all-time leader in points, assists, and steals.
Damian Lillard: Current Status
Lillard is one of the best point guards in the NBA. He is a clutch player who is known for his ability to make big shots. Damian is also a leader on the court and in the locker room. He is a key part of the Trail Blazers’ future and is hoping to lead them to a championship.
Here are some of Lillard’s accomplishments:
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2013)
- 6x NBA All-Star (2013–2016, 2018, 2020)
- 4x All-NBA selection (2015–2017, 2020)
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2013)
- NBA Western Conference Player of the Month (February 2014, January 2018)
- NBA Three-Point Contest champion (2013)
- NBA All-Star Weekend Rising Stars MVP (2013)
- USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (2012)
- Naismith College Player of the Year (2012)
- Wooden Award winner (2012)
- Bob Cousy Award winner (2012)
- Oscar Robertson Trophy winner (2012)
- Adolph Rupp Trophy winner (2012)
- John R. Wooden Award All-American Team (2012)
- Associated Press All-America First Team (2012)
- Sporting News All-America First Team (2012)
- NABC All-America First Team (2012)
- USBWA All-America First Team (2012)
- Fox Sports All-America First Team (2012)
- USA Today All-America First Team (2012)
- Big Sky Conference Player of the Year (2012)
- Big Sky Conference Men’s Basketball Player of the Decade (2010s)
- Weber State Wildcats men’s basketball all-time leading scorer (2,485 points)
- Weber State Wildcats men’s basketball all-time leader in assists (561)
- Weber State Wildcats men’s basketball all-time leader in steals (245)
- Weber State Wildcats men’t basketball all-time leader in games played (124)
Lillard is a star player on and off the court. He is a role model for young people and is committed to giving back to his community. He is a true champion and is an inspiration to us all.
Damian Lillard Traded to Milwaukee Bucks in Stunning Blockbuster Deal
On August 3, 2023, the NBA world was rocked by the news of Damian Lillard’s trade to the Milwaukee Bucks. Lillard, a seven-time All-Star and one of the best point guards in the league, had been with the Portland Trail Blazers for his entire career. The blockbuster trade involved three teams and multiple draft picks.
The Bucks sent Jrue Holiday, a two-time All-Star guard, and four future first-round picks to the Blazers for Lillard. The Phoenix Suns were also involved in the deal, sending Deandre Ayton to the Blazers and receiving Holiday and Grayson Allen in return.
The trade was a major coup for the Bucks, who are now the clear favorites to win the NBA championship in 2024. With Lillard and Giannis Antetokounmpo on the same roster, the Bucks have one of the most dynamic and explosive duos in the league.
Lillard is a career 24.7 points per game scorer, and he has shot 37.3% from three-point range. He is also a skilled passer and ball-handler, and he is one of the best clutch performers in the NBA.
Antetokounmpo is a two-time NBA MVP, and he is one of the most dominant players in the league. He is a versatile player who can score, rebound, and defend at a high level.
With Lillard and Antetokounmpo leading the way, the Bucks are now the team to beat in the NBA. They have a deep and talented roster, and they are poised to make a deep run in the playoffs.
The trade also had a significant impact on the other teams involved. The Blazers are now in rebuilding mode, and they will be looking to trade some of their other veterans. The Suns, on the other hand, are now one of the favorites to win the Western Conference. With Holiday and Ayton on the same roster, they have a very talented young team.
Overall, the Damian Lillard trade was a major shakeup in the NBA. It created two new contenders in the Bucks and Suns, and it left the Blazers in rebuilding mode. It will be interesting to see how these teams perform in the 2023-24 season.